When leasing a new office space, there is a lot for businesses to consider. While the layout may be perfect for employees, the conference room should also be a core focus for companies that hold meetings. When employees are in a conference room for an extended period of time, they may become bored or agitated. If you have set up your conference room in a way that is inviting and comfortable, however, your employees will be more likely to sufficiently focus and collaborate.
In order to create a positive corporate culture, make sure your conference room is equipped with all the necessary details to keep employees and other individuals in a creative and inspired state of mind.
In this article, we share five ways to use your new conference room:
- Build a productive and collaborative environment – There are several factors that positively affect collaboration, creativity, and memory retention. Create an open space with plenty of seating so each employee feels completely comfortable. Utilize resources such as a white board so employees can bounce ideas off one another.
- Make sure presentation-sharing is simple – When presenting to your colleagues, it can be nerve wracking. There’s nothing worse than having an outdated projector or using a room where the screen is not visible to everyone who is seated. Make sure that the presentation area is clean and organized and that all parties can see. This not only makes your office more professional, but it allows your employees to feel confident when presenting.
- Know exactly when the conference room is available to use – Many offices choose to have glass walls or doors around their conference room. This helps employees avoid interrupting another meeting. If your office prefers more privacy, set up a system so employees can schedule time to use the conference room.
- Add the right amenities – The conference room should be designed in a modern way with employee comfort in mind. One way to create a negative atmosphere and kill creativity is to put your employees in uncomfortable chairs. Also, having water, coffee, and snacks on hand will help meeting participants stay focused and reduce trips to the breakroom.
- Equip your conference room with software, hardware, and additional cables – To prepare properly for a meeting, make sure to equip your conference room with cables and adapters for online connectivity. Also, consider whether you need special hardware designed to handle business meetings remotely, a high-quality USB camera, and a speakerphone.
Use these tips to impress your clients with a modern conference room and to ensure that each and every one of your employees feels completely comfortable at work. If you need further assistance or have additional questions, feel free to get in touch with us today.